Covid 19 Response - Bristol store re-opening Saturday 4th of July
Stif Bristol will be re-opening on Saturday 4th July.
Please note - Stif Summerbridge is still closed to visitors. Thank you again for your patience during this time of closure. We have gone above and beyond to ensure that customers and staff are safe whilst you shop with us.
Therefore, please be aware of what to expect when visiting and observe the following rules when visiting the Bristol store -
- We are now accepting cash payments but would prefer you to use card where possible.
- Knock/make yourself visible to be admitted. You will be let in and out of the store by our staff
- 4 customers allowed in Store at one time – regardless of groups or group size
- Upon entry - All customers must use our hand sanitising station and have their temperature scanned
- Staff to demonstrate products to minimise customer touch
- Where possible we will book appointment times for customers to drop off and collect demo or workshop repair bikes.
- Demo – Customers must wear a mask for setup – customer must provide their own mask. We cannot set up demo bikes otherwise.
- Fitting room closed
- Customer Toilets closed
- We have PPE to enable helmets and shoes to be tried for size.
- Clothing is unable to be tried on for size, however, you can return for a refund if you change your mind or it doesn’t fit.
- Call ahead to reserve items where possible. Leave a deposit and pay a balance upon collection.
- No coffees – sorry!
- The store is being thoroughly cleaned daily and all touchpoints are being cleaned throughout the day.
Please respect these rules and our staff – they are here to help you. We look forward to welcoming you back on Saturday!
Sammy @ Stif
As of today our stores are still closed. We are aware of government advice which has seen many shops re-opening their doors following the covid-19 shut down and are working on plans to re-open when we can do so safely – this is still weeks rather than days away. For now it’s best for everyone’s safety that we operate on a mail-order only basis until we can be sure we are keeping our customers and staff safe. Until you see notice from us via the website or social media, please do not travel to either of our stores just yet.
We are still doing everything we can to get orders and bikes out to you as soon as possible. We now have more sales and workshop staff back at work too, if you need any help or advice, please call either store phone numbers - regardless of your location.
Drop us an email on email@example.com and we will try respond with 24hrs or jump on the website and talk to us via live chat.
We’ve still got great stock of goodies from all your favourite brands, with expert staff to help you, so hit us up whether it’s some tubeless sealant or that new finger bike from Santa Cruz ;-)
Thanks again for your continued support.
Sammy @ Stif
Firstly, I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for your continued support and patience through this testing time.
Both the Bristol and Summerbridge stores remain closed but we are still here for you over numerous platforms.
- We are back on the normal phone lines, so please call both the Bristol and Summerbridge numbers regardless of your location.
- As ever you can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org and have a team in place to reply to your emails within 24hrs (usually same day).
- Head to the website and you can use live chat, where we have a team of expert staff to help with any of your questions. Live Chat enables us to share advice, send links and pictures in real time to help further help your enquiries too.
We are aware the government is allowing retail shops to open their doors. However, given the 2 week self-isolation for anybody who has been in contact with somebody exhibiting symptoms, we believe we are serving you better by keeping our staff, family and customers safe. Which in turn keeps the business open.
We still have good stock of bikes, helmets, protection, clothing and spares. Head to the website and as always, if you can’t find what you’re after please get in touch. Our mechanics and mail-order staff are working hard to turn around orders as quickly as possible.
For the latest info regarding news, product and store opening updates, please sign up to our mailshot at the bottom of this page, or keep an eye on our social media pages
Going mad watching the telly? Jims been working hard on our new ‘Deep Loams Series’ which delves into every detail you’d like to know about product we love, so grab a brew and read on here
Thanks again and stay safe,
Sammy @ Stif
This is to protect both our staff and you, our customers - as well as all of our friends and family. In light of the current situation, we think it's the responsible thing to do.
We've taken every imaginable precaution over the last few days to keep things running safely but as we hear more and more news from around the world we can't help but feel the consequences of popping in for a new tyre could potentially far, far outweigh the benefits. Even tan walls aren't worth the risk, so our shutters won't be coming up on Monday morning.
Whilst our shops are closing their front doors, we are still here for you!
We can't offer you a brew, but we're still here for everything else. Our expert staff are on hand to take your calls, emails and orders. There's no need to miss out, whether you're after advice, spare parts or a fresh ride for the summer - we're still here, taking and shipping orders for as long as we are able. In fact, if it's a new bike you're after, head over to our outlet section - we've just added further discounts and new lines.
Our web team are busy working from home adding new Spring Summer styles from all of our ridewear and streetwear brands and our warehouse staff are still in the building picking and packing orders to keep you riding as well as receiving deliveries from all of our suppliers to ensure if you do need something, we will have it.
We've implemented every recommendation from and continue to closely monitor the governments advice to make sure our warehouse staff are operating in the safest possible environment. We all love those guys and if anything happened to them we'd never find anything ever again (or get Friday morning bacon deliveries.)
We've still got free delivery on orders over £50, so there's no need to go without anything you need. Public Health England have advised Royal Mail that there is no risk of becoming infected with Covid-19 from mail. We're assured that our delivery partners are doing everything necessary to keep their services running safely and smoothly - you can find updates here https://www.royalmail.com/coronavirus?iid=HP_M1_CORONAVIRUS
If you've got any questions, you can still call us at our Summerbridge store: 01423 780738, our Bristol store: 01173 746 721, email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or hit us up using the live chat feature on our website between 9:45am-5:15pm Monday-Friday. We're expecting increased traffic, so please bear with us, we will get back to you!
If you are due to collect a new bike from us, or we have your bike in our workshop for repair, don't panic - we will be in touch on Monday.
We hope you're all well and look forward to seeing everyone of you for a cuppa in our stores when it's once again safe.
In the meantime, look after yourselves and each other!
Sammy and the Stif Family.